I'd recommend printing these off and keeping them with you for the week, as a reminder. You can also find them in the 7 Day Reset Recipe Ebook. They will help you to stay on track and get the most benefits from the detox:
- Do not skip meals and try to eat all three main meals and one or two snacks each day, all around 3 to 4 hours apart. For example: 7.30am breakfast, 10am snack, 1pm lunch, 4pm snack, 7pm dinner. This will help to regulate and balance blood sugar levels, limiting energy highs and slumps, and reducing the chances of craving sweet things or feeling hungry.
- Try to leave a ‘Fasting Window’ of at least 12 hours overnight (maximum 16 hours) where you don’t consume any food. This means not snacking after dinner! This allows your digestive system to rest for a decent amount of time, something that a lot of people with busy lives fail to do very often. This is also a good weight loss technique, and is helpful for the immune system.
- Drink around 2 litres of pure, water (8 large glasses) each day. It is always best to choose filtered or natural mineral water in glass bottles if possible, rather than plastic. If using Lemon Essential Oil, you can put a drop of oil in each 8oz glass of water. N.B. never put lemon oil in a plastic cup or bottle.
- Include plenty of garlic and onion in the diet every day. Both garlic and onions are full of sulphur which aids the detoxification process. Try not to cut down on these, they are in the recipes for a reason!
- Include a little protein with every single meal, including snacks. This can be as simple as hummus with oat cakes or nuts with an apple, but always ensure protein is included. Why? Because it will help to keep your blood sugar stable, this is very important for overall health and will help with the detox process. All of the dishes in the menu plan have a balance of good carbs, good fats and protein.
- Include a tablespoon of seeds in the diet every day. Seeds are very rich in essential fats, minerals, vitamin E, protein and fibre.
- Avoid wheat and gluten for the week. This includes all bread made from wheat and all cakes, biscuits, pastries and pasta etc. Gluten adds to the toxic load of the body and so it’s important to avoid wheat and gluten during the programme to allow the liver to focus on detoxifying the toxins already present without introducing new ones.
- Avoid all animal sources of milk for the week, plus cheese, cream, butter, ice cream, yoghurt and probiotic drinks etc. It is fine to use rice, almond, oat or coconut milk instead but ensure you get the unsweetened varieties and avoid the thickener 'carrageenan' as it's nasty stuff! My favourite brands are Oatly and Rude Health. If you’d like to try making your own, just ask. It’s very easy.
- Try to use organic ingredients where possible – this will help to reduce your toxic load, reducing the toxic load on the liver. Also try to go for cartons of beans, tomatoes etc. rather than tins, to avoid BPA leaching into the food.