This is my vegetarian creation based on one of my absolute favourite Iraqi dishes)....
1. Chop the onion and very lightly fry with the garlic until golden but not brown
2. Add the turnips and tomato purée and mix well
3. Add carrot
4. Add the bouillon powder and cover all the veg with water (so you can just still see the veg)
5. Add mint and lemon juice (a little lemon at a time and keep tasting)
6. Bring to boil and then simmer until turnips and carrot are softened
7. Leave to cool and then re-heat when ready to eat. This dish reaches its best the following day.
Let me know what you think!
Helping people to achieve optimal health and wellness - sharing simple nutritious recipes, tips and advice on how to improve your health through food, without compromising on taste.